Saturday, November 29, 2008

Who's there? God's calling.

I've been on the path to God again, and boy, is it a relief!!! I'm finding Him, and I'm finding my way.

A couple days ago, I got an envelope in the mail from Compassion. They sent me a letter and pictures of 6 other children who are waiting for sponsers. They asked if I'd be a temporary sponser to one or some of those kids. I want to more than anything in the world. I want to provide for them at least once. But, I don't have that kind of money. If I had all the money in the world, I'd give it to them and the other 150,000 children around the world waiting for someone or a family to sponser them. I prayed to God to somehow help me with this. I told Him I don't have the money to sponser them, but I wanted to help somehow. He answered almost immediately. I was in the middle of a nice, deep sleep (which I don't get often), and then I woke up. I was thinking "I can't do this by myself, but I can bring the joy of sponsering a child to other people and even other churches." Since I can't do this on my own, I need to ask help from my church, my friends, and go to other churches and speak on behalf of Compassion and these kids. There's this day called "Compassion Sunday" which is usually during the summer, and all the sponsers are asked to set up tables and speak in church to get more sponsers. I didn't follow through on that this past summer because I felt I wasn't ready. But, God is calling me to do this..... not during the summer, but now. However, I'm not sure if I can do this on my own. I need someone to stand by me.

After thinking a while, my calling is for children in 3rd world countries. At least right now it is. Each child deserves to have at least one thing in their life that is steady, constant. I was able to provide that to one little girl, the person that means almost everything to me, Joyce. From the first letter she ever sent me to the most recent one, she has become so much happier. Before, she wasn't sure when she would eat next. She wasn't sure if she'd make it through the winter or have clean water to drink. I brought hope to this little girl, and all I want to do is give hope to more children and give them something to count on. Also, I was watching Extreme Makeover: Home Edition. Two episodes ago, a family had adopted 6 children from Haiti. I vowed NEVER to adopt children when I'm married because of the way I turned out. But, adopting children from Haiti is sitting heavy on my heart. It's years upon years away, but I hope it's sitting as heavy, if not heavier, on my heart when I get married and am ready for kids. I want to adopt an older boy and another young one. It's my calling; I'm not going to hit the "ignore" button on Him. But, I need some support.

No comments: